Saturday, March 06, 2010

TWO-WAY STOP

i love to kiss her

my lesbian friend
when saying hello
or goodbye

i never go for the lips
or even the cheek
i dive

for the base of the neck
where that collarbone
scoops out
a lovely depression

where the heart lung and nerve
trade pulses
like the smoothest freeway
exchange you ever saw
and my mouth
searches

for that cellular dividing line
that changes traffic forever

turning her one way and me another

and i wonder where it is
where that answer is buried

in science
in childhood
or under my kiss
beneath her lovely depression

but that doesn't matter

doesn't matter at all
and neither do I.

3 comments:

Pat from Mpls said...

Dave - I really enjoy reading your posts. I'm not even sure how I found them.

I never thanked you for teaching me how to play guitar in high school. So...thanks!

By the way, I'm also a huge Salinger fan (bananafish, esme, etc.)

I also visit chi alot (Paul is currently an unemployed iron worker in chi.)

Pat (in Mpls. since 1989)

Chicago Dave said...

Pat !!!

Holy shit ( Father Beebe would disapprove of that term, but what the hell...)

So good to hear from you.

PLEASE e-mail me if you see this.
For some reason, I cannot reply to the posting you made here.

We have a lot to catch up on.

And you're welcome on the guitar lessons. Jerry O'Donnell, Karl Wahl, and I, still marvel at the memory of you jamming on that red hollow-body (Electra?) and kicking all our asses on those attic sessions during senior year !

Get in touch !

Pat from Mpls said...

Dave - your blog site is a little user unfriendly. Send me an email at pdhyde@yahoo.com from your email acct and we can continue.