Saturday, July 15, 2006

A Poem

THEY KILL ME

what is it with green eyes.

is it because they usually
look blue at first glance
and when you realize that
holy fuck
those are not blue
they're actually green
and not a milky hazel
or a fiery hazel
or a set of colored lenses
from the trendy eye boutique
where the shallow and wealthy
collide in one big urban disaster
or a trick of the light
(or a dimming of yours)
but honest-to-God green
like the shade of backyard maples
in 1972 or the color of
your first bicycle

yes that green

what is it with green eyes.

2 comments:

ChrisNCats said...

the poem by the other guy is good...but i like yours better. my thoughts are nothing compared to your poems.....

Chicago Dave said...

Chris - Thank you so much. You are a consistent supporter and I love you for that. Positive feedback from the stuff I post here.

Now - tell me : What happened to the Orange Man ? That was a sweet piece of writing that you did and I've always wondered what happened to that guy. Street people fascinate me. They have an attitude and lifestyle that I could not endure if I had to !

Logan Square and the NW Side are full of similar characters.

Everyone should check out Chris' Blog, too.....