Thursday, March 23, 2006

I REFUSE

I refuse to ever think about money more than is absolutely necessary. I'll pay the bills and have a little leftover for fun. That's all.

I refuse to start conversations at parties with work-related topics. Work pays the bills. That's all.

I refuse to watch "Judge So-and-So" shows and dysfunctional-people-get-laughed-at-by-the-audience type shows. I don't need a false sense of superiority over others.

I still refuse "smooth jazz"

I refuse to learn golf. That's it.

(And until I can think of some others...)

3 comments:

ChrisNCats said...

i understand everything except the golf thing. traumatic experience? i actually enjoy the game myself. i suck at it...have to make sure i go with the most patient of people. but i'll take any excuse to walk around in the sunshine and drink a nice cold beer...

Perdita said...

I refuse garbage. is that a pun?

Dave, let's play a show together. Soon. Anywhere but...the Gallery (I heard what Kenny pulled & I was greatly saddened).

You book it, I'll be there. OR vice-versa. Lemme know if you want to be the booker or the be-er.

Beer. mm....

liebe,

Julie

Chicago Dave said...

Chris - I threw in the golf reference because it was one of the conversational topics I had to endure the evening that I wrote the entry. It was part of the whole "Hey - Our 40's are here and we're piling up the money and toys and isn't life FUCKING WONDERFUL ?" Sorry - but I don't measure it that way. Anyhow, thankfully I don't count those people as my friends anyway, and rarely get caught up in those situations. (End of lecture.)

Julie - Yes, let's play. I'm itching. Hotti Biscotti Coffehouse, again ? Or anyplace you might have. My computer will be down a couple days, but I'll be in touch soon. (What does "liebe" mean ? Looks foreign and I barely talks English.)

Kim - That's a funny picture you paint there. Hillbilly golf...the new craze.